Rajasthani recipe: Pakore ki karhi
- 100 grams of green gram
- 1 Â½ tsp of salt
- 200 grams of curd
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- 2 red chillies (dry and sabut)
- 3-4 curry leaves
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of soda
- Â½ tsp mustard seeds (motti)
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds (dania)
- Asafoeitda â€“ one pinch
- Soak gram in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Strain the water and grind it into a paste.
- Through strainer, strain curd and add 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds, Â½ tsp of chili powder, turmeric powder and 2 tsp of green gram paste and mix it well.
- Now keep the curd mixture aside.
- Now add Â½ tsp of chilly powder, salt, coriander seeds and soda into the gram and mix well.
- Make small-sized pakories.
- Now heat oil in a pan and fry pakories in oil till they becomes golden brown.
- Now take another pan and heat oil in that pan.
- After heating add curry leaves, asafoetida, and mustard seeds and fry for some time.
- Now add curd mixture and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that add pakories and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Finally add little bit of chilly powder and turn off the gas.
- It is ready to be served.