Rajasthani Recipe : Churma
Ingredients for Churma
The following are the ingredients for churma
- 200 gram wheat flour
- 400 gram clarified butter
- 100 gram dried whole milk
- 200 gram grounded sugar
- 50 gram finely chopped soaked almond
- 4 small cardamom
- 1 cardomom stick
Preparation Method for Churma
The following is the preparation method for churma
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add 150 grams of melted clarified butter and water and make a stiff dough.
- Make 15 to 20 equal-sized balls from the dough.
- Now take rest of the clarified butter and heat it in a pan.
- Roast the balls briefly over low heat till it gets golden brown.
- After roasting keep aside till it becomes cool down and churn it in grinder.
- Mix dried whole milk.
- Now again heat 1 tsp of clarified butter in a pan and add cinnamon piece and cardamom seeds and allow them to cook for some time.
- Now add wheat flour mixture and dried whole milk and cook it for about one minute.
- Turn off the gas and keep aside till it becomes cool.
- After it cools down, add chopped almonds and sugar and mix it properly.
- Ready to serve. It can remain fresh for 8 to 10 days if it is kept in an airtight container.