Indian Chinese recipe : Gobi Manchurian
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian
- Cauliflower (medium-sized, and break into big florettes) â€“ 1 piece
- Plain flour – Â¼ cup
- Cornflour â€“ 3 tsp
- Spring onion (finely chopped) â€“ 1 small bunch
- Chopped ginger â€“ 2 tsp
- Chopped garlic â€“ 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder (red) – Â¼ tsp
- Dry red chillies â€“ 2
- Milk â€“ 1 tsp
- Oil â€“ 3 tsp
- Water â€“ 1 Â½ cup
Preparation Method for Gobi Manchurian
- First boil cauliflower florettes for 3 to 4 minutes in the water.
- Add 1 tsp of milk to the boiling water.
- After boiling, drain and dry the florettes on a clean cloth.
- Now take plain flour in a bowl and add 2 tsp of cornflour, Â¼ tsp of ginger, Â¼ tsp of garlic, salt and red chilly powder.
- Mix the flour well by adding water and make the flour a thin batter.
- Now dip the florettes one by one in the batter, deep fry in the oil till it becomes golden brown. keep aside.
- Now to the remaining oil, add garlic, ginger, crushed red chilli and cook for a minute.
- After one minute add spring onions and salt and fry for one more minute.
- Now add 1 Â½ cup of water and boil for sometime.
- Now take Â¼ cup of water, add 1 tsp of cornflour to it and dissolve well.
- Add dissolved cornflour to the gravy and continuously stir till the boiling resumes.
- Add soya sauce and florettes, bring them to boil for two minutes and remove.
- It is ready to be served. Serve with rice or noodles.