Delhi Recipe : Gujia
Ingredients for Gujia
The following are the Ingredients for Gujia
- Dried whole milk â€“ 1 kg
- Sugar â€“ 500 grams
- Wheat flour â€“ 500 grams
- Chopped Almonds â€“ 200 grams
- Oil â€“ 6 tsp
- Raisins â€“ 3 tsp
- Water â€“ 200 ml
Preparation Method for Gujia
The following is the preparation method for Gujia
- First take wheat flour in a bowl, add 6 tsp of oil and mix well.
- Prepare a soft dough and lightly knead it. If needed add water.
- Cover dough with wet cloth and keep aside.
- Now fry the dried whole milk in the oil till it becomes light brown.
- Add sugar, raisins, almonds and mix it well.
- Again fry for a few minutes and then turn off the gas and keep aside till it becomes cool.
- Now make thick and small chapati from kneaded dough.
- Stuff the dried whole milk mixture in the half of the chapati.
- Fold it and draw edges of chapati inwards to close.
- Deep fry that gujia in the oil on a flame till it becomes golden brown.
- Properly drain oil after taking out gujia.
- Store gujia in a airtight container.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other dough balls.
- Gujia is ready to be served.