Delhi recipe : Chocolate Burfi
Ingredients for Chocolate Burfi
The following are the ingredients for Chocolate Burfi
- Cocoa powder â€“ 3 tsp
- All purpose flour or wheat flour – Â¾ cup
- Clarified butter â€“ 6 tsp
- Condensed milk â€“ 3 Â½ cup
- Cashew nuts (chopped) – Â¾ cup
- Sugar â€“ 4 Â½ cup
- Water – Â¾ cup
Preparation Method for Chocolate Burfi
The following is the preparation method for Chocolate Burfi
- Heat clarified butter in a heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Add flour in ghee and fry it.
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar to water and dissolving it.
- Meanwhile, heat milk on a low flame. Add cocoa powder, dissolve it and keep aside.
- Now mix all ingredients except cocoa powder and cashew nuts.
- Stir continuously till it becomes thick.
- After it thickens, add cashew nuts and mix well.
- When the mixture becomes forthy, pour about Â¾ of it into a greased plate and keep aside.
- Now add cocoa powder (dissolved one) with rest of the mixture.
- Now spread the cocoa mixture over the other mixture in the greased plate.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- After cooling cut it into square pieces.
- Chocolate Burfi is ready to be served.