Hyderabad recipe : Stuffed Brinjal Curry
Ingredients for Stuffed Brinjal Curry
The following are the ingredients for stuffed brinjal curry
- Peanuts (Groundnuts) â€“ One fistful
- Dry Coconut pieces â€“ 20 grams
- Coriander seeds ( Whole Dania) â€“ 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds (Khas â€“ Khas) â€“ 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) â€“ 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(Methi) â€“ 1 tsp
- Medium-sized Brinjal (rounded) – Â¼ kg
- Medium sized onions â€“ 2
- Refined oil â€“ 4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste â€“ 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – Â½ cup
- Tamarind juice – Â½ cup
- Red chilli powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – Â½ tsp
- Salt to taste
Preparation Method for Stuffed Brinjal Curry
The following are the preparation method for stuffed brinjal curry
- Fry Groundnuts in a deep pan for 2 to 3 minutes till the groundnuts becomes dark brown.
- Place the groundnuts on a plate and let them cool.
- Now in the same pan fry dry coconut pieces, coriander seeds, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Put all the fried ingredients into a mixer with a little water and grind into a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan on a medium flame, add chopped onions and fry till it get golden brown.
- Place the fried onions into a plate.
- In the same pan , heat 1 tsp of oil and add brinjals ( make four vertical deep cuts on each brinjal) and fry them on a low
- flame for 10 minutes by closing with a lid.
- In between turned the brinjals a couple of times.
- After frying brinjals remove them from pan and place them into a plate.
- Now take prepared masala and stuff a small amount of masala into the fried brinjals. keep aside.
- Add 2 tsp of oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and fried onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add remaining paste, red chilli powder, salt, and turmeric powder and cook for 5 minutes by stirring.
- Now add stuffed brinjals and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Finally add the juice of tamarind and cook for 5 more minutes on a medium flame by closing with a lid.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.