Rajasthani Recipes: Baati
Ingredients for Batti
- 500 gram wheat flour.
- 300 gram clarified butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 gram boiled potato
- Â½ tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tsp of green chilly paste
- Â½ tsp of rock salt
- Â½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of mace (javitri)
- Â½ tsp of spice mixture (Roasted & Powdered cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, cumin, coriander & nutmeg)
- 1 big cardamom
- Â½ tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of bay leaf (tej patta)
- Â½ tsp of red chilly powder
- Â½ tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tsp of oil
- coriander leaves
- 10-15 of cashew nuts and raisins
Preparation Method for Baati
- Peel potatoes and mash them well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cardamom, mace, cashew nuts, raisins, bay leaf, green chilly, ginger paste and cumin seeds and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add potatoes, rock salt, roasted cumin, spice mixture, chilly powder, coriander seeds and coriander leaves(chopped) and fry for 5 minutes.
- After frying, keep aside and let it cool.
- Add salt and 200 grams of melted Clarified butter to the flour.
- Add water to make dough.
- Now make 15-16 equal-sized balls from the dough.
- Roll these dough balls into chapatis (indian bread).
- Place a small amount of the prepared mixture in the middle of the chapati and fold the outside edges over it.
- Now roll it into thick chapati again.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and fry the baatis on both sides evenly.
- Serve the baatis with potato bharta and dal.