Delhi Recipe : Aloo Amritsari
Ingredients for Aloo Amritsari
- Potatoes â€“ 250 grams
- Sliced onions â€“ 2
- Garlic ginger paste â€“ 2 tsp
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) – Â½ tsp
- Gram flour (besan) – Â½ cup
- Coriander powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Spice mixture (all roasted of cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, black pepper) – Â½ tsp
- Pomegranate dried seeds ( powder of anardana) – Â½ tsp
- Oil â€“ for fry
- Coriander leaves
- Salt â€“ to taste.
Preparation Method for Aloo Amritsari
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and keep aside
- Make a gram flour thin batter, salt, carom seeds and ginger garlic paste by adding small quantity of water.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and mix it well.
- Marinate potatoe pieces about 15 minutes.
- Next deep fry the marinate potatoe pieces in the oil and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and fry onions till they are light brown.
- Next add salt, red chilly powder , turmeric powder, pomegranate powder, and spice mixture and mix it well.
- Now add potatoes and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on a low flame.
- Finally garnish with leaves of coriander.
- Hot aloo amritsari is ready to be served.