Omelets are wholesome and nutritious food. They are quick and easy to make. And importantly, they are delicious.
Omelets make for a great breakfast, but nobody is gonna stop you from eating them at other times.
Here are a few omelet recipes for you.
Vegetable Omelet Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- Â½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- Â¼ cup chopped green pepper
- Â¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Â¼ cup water
- Â¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Take a large nonstick skillet and add butter to it. Saute onion and green pepper until tender.
- Add the tomato, zucchini, oregano and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-8 minutes, until the liquid is nearly evaporated. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, water and salt until stiff peaks form. Place egg substitute in another bowl. Fold in the egg white mixture.
- Coat a ten inch oven proof skillet with cooking spray. Pour the mixture in it.
- Cook it over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-10 minutes.
- Take the vegetables onto one side with a spoon. Sprinkle half of the cheese over it.
- Score the middle of omelet with a sharp knife. Fold omelet over the filling.
- Transfer the omelet to a warm platter. Sprinkle it with remaining cheese. Cut it in half and serve.
Oven Omelet Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×8 inch glass baking dish.
- Take a large bowl. Beat the eggs and stir in the milk. Stir in the potatoes, ham and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.