Cherry Tomato Salad Recipes
Cherry Tomatoes are great vegetables to make salads with. Here are a few cherry tomato salad recipes for you to enjoy.
Cold cherry tomato salad
40 golf ball sized cherry tomatoes
1 cup green olives
1 can black olives (6 ounce)
2 green onions
3 ounces pine nuts
2 table spoons red wine vinegar
Â½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon white sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Slice the green and black olives. Mince the green onions.
- Mix the tomatoes, olives and onions in a big bowl.
- Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan over medium heat. Keep turning them over until they are golden brown.
- Drop the pine nuts into the tomatoes, olives and onions mixture. Stir nicely.
- In another bowl, mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar and oregano. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad and stir so that it is coated.
- Refrigerate for an hour. Serve chilled.
Warm cherry tomato salad
6 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 table spoons olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
1Â¼ teaspoons minced garlic
1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic in a large non-stick frying pan. Simmer the mixture over moderate heat.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and black pepper into the frying pan.
- Toss the mixture until the tomatoes are slightly tender. Heat through for one or two minutes.
- Add shredded basil and toss again. Garnish with basil sprigs.
- Serve warm.
Spicy cherry tomato salad
4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
4 minced garlic cloves
1/3 thinly sliced green onions
1 thinly sliced jalapeno
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 table spoon olive oil
1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
1 table spoon brown sugar
Â½ teaspoon salt
Â½ teaspoon pepper
- Mix tomatoes, cloves, green onions and jalapeno in a bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well until they are blended.
- Pour over the salad and stir well.